Frequently Ask Questions and Pathways

Q: Who offers Dual Credit (DC) courses? Q: What are the pathways into a College program? A: DC courses are available at virtually every secondary school and college in Ontario. A: Fleming DC students, who are now attending a full-time program at the College, may be eligible to transfer their previously completed DC courses. Q: What DC course(s) are offered at my school? A: DC courses vary from school to school and semester to semester. Contact your school Guidance or Student Success office for more information to their current program of study. Please visit the Registrar’s office or email if you have any questions about the transfer credit process. Q: What are the General Education Courses? A: Some DC courses are General Education Electives that may satisfy the general education requirement across a variety of College programs. For more information: Q: Can anyone sign up for a DC course? A: DC courses are offered to specifically identified students and entrance requirements for DC courses may vary by course, school or board. Your local guidance counselor can tell you what is available, what the requirements are, and can help you apply. Q: How do I know which Fleming program my DC course can be used towards? A: Check out our website and search by DC course to find out which program you may be eligible for a transfer credit. Q: How many DC courses can a student take? A: Students are allowed to have up to four college-delivered DC courses and an unlimited number of team-taught DC courses. Q: What does it cost to take a DC? A: There are no costs for secondary school students attending a DC Course. Books and transportation are provided free of charge to all students attending regularly. Q: How long is a DC course? A: College course hours vary. DC courses are usually delivered once or twice per week within the normal high school timetable. Travel time and required field trips may impact other secondary school courses in certain cases. Q: Will my Fleming College DC apply at another College? A: In some cases, your Fleming College DC will apply to your course of study at another college. Contact the Office of the Registrar of the college you will attend for more information. Q: Will a DC from another college be applicable at Fleming College? A: Depending on your program and the DC taken, it might. If you have taken a DC course at another College, please send a sealed official transcript and course outline to the Registrar’s Office ATTN: Transfer Credit Coordinator, along with a completed Transfer Credit Form. The Transfer Credit Form can be submitted by signing-in to myCampus and accessing the link under Student Self Serve Options > Transfer Credit Request. Q: What do I do if I am going to be absent? A: If you are going to be absent you must contact your secondary school following the normal absence procedures. You should also notify your College faculty by email. Frequent absences will put the successful completion of the credit in jeopardy. Q: Who do I contact if my questions wasn’t answered in this booklet? A: The Dual Credit Coordinator –